Chronic Care Management
Vita Care Specialized Care Clinics
These clinics manage MMM patients’ multiple chronic conditions with the support of their primary care physicians in just one place. Our proven focus on controlling chronic conditions is centered in involving patients, in coordinating care, and in closing gaps in care. We work hand in hand with the primary physician to develop a holistic care plan for the patient, which includes both physical and mental wellbeing. Our provider care team will help to comply with the care plan and will follow on its progress.
Vita Care individualized program includes:
- Personalized care coordinated with the primary care physician
- Professional interdisciplinary team
- Coordination of transportation from home to the clinic, if requested by the patient
- Health professionals willing to dedicate their time to understand the patient’s specific needs
Vita Care: comprehensive attention
The Vita Care Team includes experienced professionals who help the patient to manage the health and social conditions that might affect their wellbeing.
Care Management Coordinators:
- Social Worker
- Health Educator
- Family Medicine Doctor
- Geriatric Physician
Health conditions we help to control
The Vita Care services are directed to manage chronic diseases. According to the National Counsel for the Elderly, about 80% of Americans have at least one chronic condition, and 68% have at least two. Some of the chronic conditions we treat include: cardiovascular disease, respiratory tract disease, renal disease, and diabetes. Vita Care services include specialized programs for diabetes management directed by a team of a pharmacist, nutritionist, health educator and endocrinologist who work on:
- Diabetes prevention program for patients with pre-diabetes diagnosis
- One on one or group education sessions for diabetes self-management
Vita Care Clinics are established around the island; we will continue to expand our services. For more information you can contact our Call Center at 1-888-593-1807 or 787-523-2458.